SECURITY PRECAUTIONS FOR LOCATION DATA
Certain services can only be offered if you reveal your location or the location of your vehicle. We take the confidentiality of these location data very seriously.
Your location data (including data accessed within the framework of vehicle maintenance) are therefore protected with the following security precautions:
- They are only stored in a form that can be traced to you or your vehicle as required to fulfill the intended purpose to which you have agreed.
- Data are only gathered and accessed in this form when it is required to provide the requested service.
- Data are also gathered and accessed in this form to the extent that we are legally obliged to store or pass on the data.
- Data for localization of the vehicle and data for localization of a / of your mobile user device are only linked if this is necessary to provide the requested service.
- Any other use of location data for the purpose of analysis takes place using data records that have been anonymized beforehand.
We, your BMW dealership, and your BMW partner might have access to the data for localization of the vehicle and BMW AG might have access to the data for localization of the / of your mobile user device via the services provided (for example BMW ConnectedDrive).
On purchasing the vehicle or activating or configuring the BMW ConnectedDrive services or the BMW Connected App, you receive a detailed description of the location data that are transferred to provide location-specific services.
Via the BMW ConnectedDrive portal, the BMW Connected app or directly in the vehicle – where technically possible – you can set whether we are permitted to continue gathering and processing these data, thus preventing future data acquisition. Please bear in mind that we might no longer be able to provide certain aspects of our services if you have restricted the gathering of location data.